Globally, Ronald McDonald House Charities
relies heavily on its strong network of corporate, community leaders, individual donors and more than 30,000 staff and volunteers around the world to fulfill its mission. Each year volunteers donate millions of hours to support families in need.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of our Ronald McDonald House! We rely on many volunteers to keep our house operating each and every day of the year. In the past year over 8000 volunteer hours have been donated. We would be delighted to have you join our volunteers as we increase the quality and comfort of each family’s stay.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Household Chores
- Answering Phones
- Greeting Guests
- General Office Tasks
- Special Events (planning, set-up, clean-up and more)
- Community Outreach
- Prepare a Meal
- Train other volunteers
- Participate in Pennies from the Heart campaign
- Get your youth group involved (call us for ideas)
What to do:
- Please come by the House for a tour (any day of the week between 9:00AM and 7:00PM). Arrangements can be made by calling in advance.
- Fill out the Volunteer Application online or stop by the House for an application form.
- Send or bring the volunteer application to the House. If you are applying online it will automatically come to us.
- You will be contacted to schedule a Volunteer Orientation after various background checks are completed.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida asks that all visitors and volunteers who demonstrate symptoms of illness reschedule their visit until they are symptom free.