About our Expansion
For all of the families we’ve helped, there are still others we’ve had to turn away due to lack of room availability. Families cannot afford to pay for meals and hotels while waiting for a room to open up. Currently, we have six bedrooms but we are expanding to 12 with our House Expansion! This doubles our space, allowing us to help even more families in need!
- Our capital campaign includes:
- Six bedrooms
- Two offices
- One public restroom
- One storage closet
- Entry hallway
- Additional parking
- Structural improvements to the existing 23 year old House, including but not limited to: HVAC, hurricane impact windows, soffit/fascia repair & replacements, etc.
With all these additions, we have to double our operating budget but you can double your donation to help!
Double your gift with ” The Clark Family Foundation Matching Challenge!”
The Clark Family Foundation is a family Foundation based in Naples, Florida, which supports organizations dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of children. The Clark Family Foundation has graciously offered to match all donations up to $500,000! We cannot thank them enough for their generosity!
Room Adoption Donors Needed!
Home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling. This feeling is one you make possible for families calling us their “home-away-from-home”. By adopting a room at RMHC SWFL, you will help families stay close to their sick child and the care they need. Families will receive warm welcomes, friendly smiles, homemade meals, their own private space, and the much needed rest they deserve during a stressful time.
Since we do not receive any government funding, these gifts play an integral role in keeping our doors open and our pantry full. Support from the community made it possible for the following in 2019:
- 1,435 family night stays at Ronald McDonald House Southwest Florida
- 6,491 patient family visits to the Ronald McDonald Family Room for snacks, beverages, laundry services, rest, and relaxation.
- 8,000+ children served by the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile® program in Southwest Florida.
Available rooms and spaces that need adoption:
- Living Room: $50,000.00
- Bedrooms: $25,000.00 each
- Weekend Manager’s Room: $25,000.00
- Expansion Foyer: $20,000.00
- Laundry Room: $20,000.00
- Front Office: $15,000.00
- Volunteer Office: $15,000.00
- Executive Office: $15,000.00
- Quad Office: $15,000.00
- Restrooms: $10,000.00 each
- Storage Units: $10,000 each
On average, guest families spend 25 nights at the Ronald McDonald House SWFL, but some have stayed as long as a year! We typically help families in Collier, Lee, Hendry, Glades, and Charlotte county. However, some families have to travel much further, depending on the care their child needs. We recently had a father staying with us all the way from Spain! Some of the reasons families have to stay with us would be because their child: was born prematurely and is in the NICU, is receiving chemotherapy treatments, was injured in an accident, or is receiving rehabilitation, procedures, etc.
With your support, sick children will get what they needed most…their families. Be RAD and help out all the awesome families who stay with us!
RAD is open to all individuals, groups, businesses, families…anyone! Ready to help? Give us a call at 239-437-0202 or visit https://give.classy.org/rmhc-swfl-house-expansion to donate today. Thank you so much!