FAMILY MEAL PROGRAM
At this time, we are accepting donations to go towards our Family Meal program. While volunteers cannot cook at this time, your donation can help staff purchase to-go meals from restaurants or to purchase gift cards for groceries. Thank you for any support you can give! Donate today!
The Family Meal program provides support to families who are taking care of their sick children, and often don’t have the time, funds, or energy to prepare a home-cooked meal. After a long day at the hospital, a hot meal is a blessing!
Organizations, groups, corporate teams, collegiate groups, and individuals are needed to provide and prepare meals for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House®. Our kitchen facilities have everything you need to prepare a meal; we simply ask that volunteers bring the ingredients needed for 10 people, up to 24 people (based on the current occupancy). We will confirm the number of people staying with us so please be sure you call in before you go shopping! In an effort to prevent food borne illnesses, all meals must be either prepared at the House or delivered/catered from a restaurant or pre-packaged supermarket tray. Dinner is to be ready to serve by 5:00pm. If you care to prepare breakfast/brunch or baked goods, those options are also available. Please call Volunteer Manager, Illeny Farese at 239-437-0202 for more information. Know before you go…
- Bring a government issued ID
- If coming in a large group, consider carpooling as parking is limited
- Participants must be free of contagious diseases, including cold and flu symptoms
- You may be asked to be in a photo for social media purposes
- Drinking alcoholic beverages during volunteer activities is prohibited
- Safe Food Handling Practices
- Need some ideas on what to cook? Download our Dinner Idea flyer!
Steps for a Successful Meal…
- FORM: Fill out a Volunteer Application.
- SCHEDULE: Call to schedule a date. We need your name, phone number & email.
- CONFIRM: Confirm by calling the House at 239-437-0202 prior to your scheduled meal date for final headcount (max 24 people). Let us know what you will be preparing.
- SHOP: Decide on your menu & purchase supplies. Prepackaged & sealed desserts are acceptable. Beverages are not required.
- COOK: You may come early to prepare the meal and we’ll heat up the meal later or you can come late afternoon. We have cooking utensils, pots, pans, two stoves, two microwaves, a toaster oven, & two crock pots.
- CLEAN: We ask that you clean up the kitchen after the meal preparation. Cleaning supplies are provided.
- THANKS: We want to thank you! Please fill out the clipboard at the front desk. If this is your first time at the House, please ask for a tour.
Please know that these meals are greatly appreciated by our families. Enjoy yourself and feel free to take pictures and send them to Marketing Director, Amy Blanco for social media posts. If you are unable to come in and prepare a meal, please consider purchasing a meal to be delivered by a local restaurant.